Jail Based Service Coordination is a program offered by the Southwest Iowa Mental Health and Disability Services Region. Jail Based Service Coordination is designed to assist individuals with mental health or co-occurring conditions to connect with services and supports prior to release from incarceration. It is our goal that by assisting you in getting the help you need, that you will be able to meet your needs and be successful once back in your community.
- Referral to outpatient mental health services
- Referral to inpatient/outpatient substance abuse services
- Referral to housing assistance
- Health Insurance assistance (Medicaid)
- Referral to Social Security (SOAR)
- Referral to medication assistance
- Referral to food/clothing assistance (voucher, food pantry)
- Referral to employment assistance
Jail Based Service Coordination is available in the following counties:
For more information about the program, please call: 712-623-6541.